We’re happy to prove you wrong if you thought Swissgear was only about Swiss knives. Whether luggage or a simple backpack, Swissgear invests in the latest technology and fashion trends to deliver exceptional travel backpacks.
We have tested five products from Swissgear and can suggest that the 1900 ScanSmart Laptop Backpack is the best Swissgear backpack for travel.
We liked this bag and feel it is highly suitable for traveling because its ScanSmart technology makes it feasible for long trips.
The Swissgear 1900 ScanSmart Laptop Backpack stands number one out of all the backpacks we have tried. It is suitable for the purpose and justifies the requirements of every traveler.
Let us check out more about these backpacks.
Our Top 5 Swissgear Backpacks
Table of Contents
The Swissgear Backpack Reviews
In this mini-review, I discuss each backpack’s features, benefits, pros, and cons.
Swissgear 1900 Scansmart Laptop Backpack – Best Overall
The Swissgear 1900 ScanSmart laptop backpack has a heavily padded back panel with airflow venting technology. The bag has a rugged molded grab handle that helps easily hold the bag with grip.
This backpack has a front carabiner, a quick-access zip pocket, and side accessory pockets for water bottle storage. It contains a file holder, media pocket with a headphone port, and padded laptop compartment.
The capacity of the backpack is 31 liters. It is well-designed with Scansmart technology that is useful for easy scanning when traveling through airlines. This bag is highly suitable for traveling and highly durable.
- The ScanSmart technology is the key feature of the backpack, making it suitable for traveling.
- The Swissgear 1900 ScanSmart laptop backpack has many compartments for storage.
- It is ideal for emergency traveling onboard a flight with limited necessary accessories.
- The bag is made with good quality material that makes it highly durable
- The zipper quality is not appreciable
- The backpack tears out at different parts after use for 7-8 months
Swissgear 5358 Scansmart Laptop Backpack – Best For Laptop
The Swissgear 5358 ScanSmart laptop backpack has a USB port for easy charging. This bag has a padding protection shoulder strap and a rugged wire handle to carry on the upper side.
It is specially featured with a trolley strap to roll the bag on ramps easily instead of carrying it on the shoulders. The backpack is externally designed with a USB port, an attachment tab for a safety light, a highly crush-resistant sunglasses compartment, and a water bottle pocket.
This backpack is designed with several storage pockets for accessories, a collapsible shoe pocket, and an organized compartment in the front. The bag has the exclusive ScanSmart technology, which is helpful for easy scanning during airline travel.
- The backpack is sturdy and comfortable.
- The Swissgear 5358 ScanSmart laptop backpack is suitable for carrying a laptop during traveling.
- It is made with good material, and it is highly durable
- The USB port makes it useful for laptops and tablets and easy to charge
- A laptop of size less than 15 inches can only fit into this backpack
- The zippers of the bag do not close till the end properly
- It is not long-lasting, even for repeated use.
Swissgear Hybrid 15-Inch Laptop Backpack – Best For A Business Trip
The hybrid backpack is suitable for a person who regularly travels for business trips. The interior attracts the organized compartments, while the exterior looks like a backpack.
This backpack can be used as an office bag by tucking away the shoulder straps and carrying the side handle. The Swissgear hybrid laptop backpack is helpful for work purposes, has easy adjustments, and provides travel comfort.
It contains several compartments for storing a smartphone, passport, glasses, and other essentials. The bag is expandable, bigger, and easily holds many essential accessories.
- The Swissgear hybrid 15-inch laptop backpack is suitable for traveling for work purposes.
- The backpack is lighter in weight to carry
- The backpack can also be used as an office bag by tucking away the shoulder straps and holding the side holder to take it.
- It has several compartments, making enough room for properly organizing the necessary accessories.
- The zipper quality of the backpack is not good enough after several uses
- The laptop compartment is present in the back, making it more prone to damage
- The pack is more like a suitcase rather than a proper bag.
Swissgear 3576 Artz Vintage Laptop Backpack – Best For Women
The Swissgear 3576 Artz vintage is a specially designed backpack suitable for people who love fashion. It is a fashion-friendly doctor’s bag with a wide-opening zippered top design.
The top of the bag has handles to grab, and the bag has two side bottle pockets. This backpack has a 12-inch padded laptop sleeve, a front quick-access pocket, and other pockets for storage.
The storage capacity of the backpack is 21 liters. This backpack comfortably carries necessary things like pens, books, laptops, or tablets. The bag reaches the current fashion style, making it look attractive and easy to use.
- The Swissgear Artz vintage laptop backpack is water-resistant and highly durable.
- The bag is stylish, and most women find it attractive and comfortable
- The backpack can be used regularly and is best suited for doctors who need to reach the hospital in a hurry.
- This bag has a wide opening and a holder on the top, making it easy to carry.
- The backpack does not fit in the laptops comfortably
- The shoulder straps are shorter and make it difficult to carry the bag on the shoulder
- The backpack has a significantly lower capacity.
Swissgear Cecil 5505 Laptop Backpack – Best For Students
The Swissgear Cecil 5505 laptop backpack is reasonably priced and has good quality. It is crafted from rigid 600D Ripstop polyester material, making the bag highly sustainable.
This backpack is ideal for students and professionals as it has a spacious three-compartment silhouette. This helps in storing every necessary accessory an individual needs. It has space to store a 15-inch laptop with complete padded protection.
The backpack has stretchable side pockets for water bottles and quick-access organizers. It is highly comfortable with a breathable ventilating back system.
This bag is solid and sturdy for regular use. It has an extensively attractive look suitable for youngsters to choose with interest.
- The Swissgear Cecil 5505 laptop backpack is ideal for undergraduate students carrying laptops and other essential things for school.
- The spacious three compartments of the backpack make organizing the accessories into different compartments and pockets easy.
- The bag has a ventilating back system that provides sufficient breathability.
- The bag is made with rigid 600D ripstop polyester material, making it highly durable.
- The zippers of the backpack are not strong.
- The bag is torn out after a few months of regular usage
- The padding is insufficient to hold the safety of the laptop.
What Should You Look For When Buying This Type Of Bag?
There are a lot of different factors that you should take into account when considering the purchase of a Swissgear backpack.
There’s no right or wrong answer because it’ll depend on your needs, but here is some information about what to consider before purchasing one.
Before buying a bag, we look after our needs and check whether the bag is suitable for usage.
The backpack we need must have enough compartments to store essential accessories. It is also necessary to choose the bag based on the frequency of usage.
You can pick the backpacks depending on your profession as well. There are different requirements and needs of every individual.
A person can use a bag for work and travel; the other can be specific for only one purpose.
Also read: What are the best 12 Volt travel blankets for travel?
A backpack comes in various volumes with different designs. It all depends on the need of the bag to choose the right size. A low-capacity backpack is suitable if one needs a useful one for office purposes.
Regarding traveling, certain other essentials need to be carried along. So, you must select a backpack of more volume capacity. Before choosing a laptop bag, you know the size of the laptop you own is essential.
It is better to choose a backpack that is an inch bigger than the size of your laptop. If the bag is smaller than the size of the laptop and fits in fewer accessories, it is not suitable to use.
Related: The Best Snowboard Bags For Air Travel.
Students, officers, and many people in business carry their laptops everywhere they go. Working with their computer is an essential part of their daily life. There is an increase in demand for backpacks with laptop sleeves.
These bags are specially designed with proper cushioning to protect the laptop against any damage. The laptops are usually available in different sizes. It is vital to choose the right backpack that fits your laptop perfectly.
The essential key feature of a backpack is the quality of the material used in making it. The material quality determines the sustainability of the bag. When buying a backpack, we must ensure the bag is made with long-lasting material.
It should protect the interior of the backpack. The backpacks must be sustainable to any condition and protect the essential goods that people carry in them.
While traveling, it should not be difficult to hold a backpack for a longer duration of time. The backpack shoulder straps and backside must have cushioning that prevents shoulder aches and backaches.
The bags must balance the luggage inside them and not pressure improper weight on the person’s shoulders.
In case of discomfort, there would be consequences of pain caused by carrying a backpack that is uncomfortable in the long run.
Is Swiss Gear A Good Backpack?
Swissgear is one of the most popular brands in the luggage section. It is the most chosen brand with the most positive reviews.
The quality of Swissgear’s backpacks is standard and loved by many customers. The Swissgear brand sells its accessories reasonably, providing the best quality products to its customers.
What Does The Scansmart Backpack Mean?
ScanSmart is the accessibility to partition the backpack into two sections after unzipping. This is the most useful while traveling on airlines.
The flat opening of the bag makes it easy to scan. The ScanSmart technology helps properly organize everything to fit all the essentials.
Is Wenger The Same As Swissgear?
Swissgear is a brand that produces clothes, luggage, and different accessories as a part of Swiss Army knives. Wenger SA owns the Swissgear. Therefore, Swissgear is a part of Wenger.
How Do You Clean A Swiss Army Backpack?
It would be best if you cleaned the Swiss Army backpacks regularly. Use a soft cloth or nylon bristle brush to clean the soft side of the backpack.
For more soiled areas, it is suggested to use mild soap and wash it with water. Dry the bag with a cloth and lay it open for proper drying. Do not use a washing machine to wash the Swiss Army
Conclusion: Which Is The Best One?
The Swissgear 1900 ScanSmart Laptop Backpack is the best Swissgear backpack for travel. This bag is heavily padded, making protecting the laptop and other essential accessories safer during national or international emergencies.
ScanSmart technology makes it easier for the immigration and immigration team to scan the airport backpack. This backpack has many compartments for storage that are useful for holding files, pens, books, etc.
The backpack comprises good quality material that makes it highly durable and protects the files, laptop, and other essential things present in the backpack.
It is most suitable for students or working men and women who travel to different locations for essential meetings.